Handmade vegatable-tanned leather biker masks by Biz Levanten . Carefully made to fit the contours of the face comfortably. Handpainted artwork and adjustable straps for easy wear.
Great gift for bikers!
100% Turkish Leather
Vegetable-tanning is the true "chromium-free" method, and does not have harmful chemicals. It is an old-world, artisanal process that takes advantage from the tannic acids naturally found in some plant species, by using the barks, branches, leaves and even some fruits in some specific techniques. The natural appearance before painted, has a slightly brownish tinge over a beige color, with a natural, woody and earthy smell.
- colors and textures have a more natural and organic look;
- it is irregular and handmade which can be leveraged for a unique and genuine aesthetic;
- high durability and strength, being even far more efficient than the majority of the synthetic materials;
- neutral effect on user's health;
- can last an entire lifetime and/or is bio-degradable when it ceases to be used/maintained;
- remarkable and sought-after aging qualities, like the "caramelization" of the color, a unique patina acquired with the use;
- reusability of the final product and in some cases of the leather;
- created by craftsmen with a historic and valuable knowledge;
- it can only be obtained from cattle that carried a good life, to get a good, strong leather, and it is always a sub-product of the meat industry;
- values a slower life and an eco-sustainable industry;
- revitalizes the local society and general culture.